Your Privacy is Important to Us
We value the privacy and security of your “personal data,” which as used herein means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Third-Party Data Collection Practices
The Personal Data We Collect About You
We may collect your personal data when providing our Services. This personal data may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing information and history, Oncotect, Inc account information (including usernames and passwords), and employment information (including job position/role if applicable). We may also be given your personal data by your veterinary office or your veterinarian about you. For more information, please review your veterinary office or veterinarian’s privacy policies and procedures.
The Reason We Collect Your Data
The personal data we collect helps us address your needs, provide our Services, and carry out our business and legal obligations. Specifically, the personal data we collect enables us to: (1) provide our Services; (2) operate, maintain, and improve the quality of our Services; (3) communicate with you by postal mail, e-mail, text (SMS, MMS), and/or phone about our Services; (4) to carry out other purposes that are described to you at the time the information is collected; and (5) as otherwise required by law.
Whether We Share Your Personal Data With Others
We do not share your personal data and information, except as follows:
- We may share your information as governed and directed by your veterinary office or veterinarian.
- We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing.
- We may share your information with our business partners who offer services that are related to the Services. This kind of sharing may be considered a “sale” under certain state privacy laws, and you have the right to opt out of this type of information sharing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We may also share your personal data, if necessary, to: (1) comply with domestic and foreign laws; (2) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by domestic and foreign authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate domestic and foreign laws; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
- We may share your information in the event we may or do sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
- We may share your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have implemented and maintained reasonable security procedures and practices, and commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, in order to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you transmit to us, and by using our Services, you acknowledge this risk. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law or deemed necessary.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will be retained for the time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed or as otherwise specified at the time of collection.
Our Services are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 18. In addition, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. Only adults 18 years or older are allowed to use our Services.
Cookies & Web Beacons
We may also use web beacons that collect information from our websites and from emails we may send to you. Web beacons are electronic images that can be used to deliver cookies, count visits, or tell if an e-mail has been opened or acted upon. When you agree to receive emails from us or use our Services, you are agreeing to the use of web beacons. If you do not wish this information to be collected, you may not use these Services and should unsubscribe from all future emails.
We do not use technology that recognizes and complies with a “do not track” signal from a web browser.
Right to Request Personal Data Collected
- The categories and specific pieces of personal data we may have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we may have collected your personal data.
- The business or commercial purpose why we may have collected your personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we may have shared your personal data.
- The categories of personal data that we may have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
You may submit a request for the information above by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and filling out a ticket. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity, or we will be unable to process your request.
Right to Have Information Deleted
You may also have the right to request that we delete what personal data we may have collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal data we can delete from our records.
There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal data. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need to: (1) retain your personal data to complete a transaction, provide a good or service, fulfill the terms of a written warranty, or to perform under a contract between us; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech; (5) comply with the law; and (6) use your personal data for internal and lawful purposes.
You may submit a request to delete your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
You may use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf to exercise the rights above. When contacting us through the methods above to exercise any of these rights, please indicate whether you are an authorized agent and we will provide you instructions on how we will verify and process your request.